1. Home
  2. Constituent Services
  3. Victim Services

Victim Services

Victim Services Program
The Victim Services Program serves as a direct point of contact for crime victims and their families who have concerns related to offenders who are in the custody or under the probation and/or parole supervision of the New Mexico Corrections Department (NMCD). Victim Services provides comprehensive information, assistance and support to crime victims and their families. The Victim Services Program is committed to administering these services with respect, compassion and confidentiality. Services include assistance to crime victims and their families during the parole board hearing process. Victim Services also provides assistance to the New Mexico Adult Parole Board (APB) , statewide district attorneys’ office victim advocates and victim advocacy organizations in addressing crime victims’ needs. Victim Services provides educational outreach to statewide district attorneys’ office victim advocates and victim advocacy organizations about the services provided by the program. Additionally, Victim Services provides education about victims’ rights awareness and sensitivity to probation and parole officers and the prisons.

We are here for you!

For assistance, questions or comments for Victim Services please send an e-mail to: cdvictimsrvcs@cd.nm.gov.

If you need information about an offender’s supervision status, location, release date and other relevant information call our victim assistance toll-free number at: (877) VICTIM4 (877) 842-8464.

The hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Mountain Standard Time). In Santa Fe: (505) 827-8848

If there is something we cannot directly assist you with, we will refer you to someone who can.


Your name, address & phone numbers will be kept confidential. In addition, only Victim Services Staff will have access to this information.

Victims of Crime Act Grant Information

The New Mexico Correction Department (NMCD) Victim Services Program receives Victims of Crime Act Funds from the New Mexico Crime Victims Reparation Commission to provide victim services. As a recipient of these funds, we have a responsibility to ensure victims and survivors are appropriately served and have recourse to file a complaint if concerns arise. The New Mexico Corrections Department Victim Services Program does not discriminate against individuals based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, and age, in our delivery of services to victims. If you believe this has occurred:

How to File a Complaint

Please click here to obtain further information on how to file a complaint.

Our office utilizes a Limited English Proficiency Policy to achieve our goal to provide meaningful access to all victims of crime through the use of competent interpreters and translators. Please advise us if you need those services, as well as any special needs you may have when receiving services from our office.


What happens to an offender after they are sentenced?

Once sentenced to the New Mexico Corrections Department, the inmate will first go the Reception and Diagnostic Center in Los Lunas for tests and evaluations. Inmates are classified to the most appropriate level of custody on admission. An inmate’s custody level is important because it determines the type of institution in which the inmate must be housed. An inmate’s custody level could change over time because of length of time served, good behavior, bad behavior, etc. When the custody level changes, so can the inmate’s location and it’s possible for an inmate to be moved to a different prison.

What should I do if I am receiving unwanted contact from an inmate?

You should contact the New Mexico Corrections Department Victim Services Program for assistance at: (877) VICTIM4  (877) 842-8464 or send a written letter to:

New Mexico Corrections Department
Adult Prisons Division
Victim Services
P.O. Box 27116
Santa Fe, NM 87502-0116

What is the New Mexico Crime Victims Reparation Commission?

The New Mexico Crime Victims Reparation Commission was formed in 1981 under the Crime Victims Reparation Act to assist victims of violent crime with expenses incurred as a result of their victimization. You may receive an application form by contacting:

Crime Victims Reparation Commission
8100 Mountain Road NE, Suite 106
Albuquerque, NM 87110
Phone: (505) 841-9432

You may also obtain an application through Crime Victims Reparation Commission.

How can I find out information about an inmates projected release date and location?

If you are a victim or a victim’s family member, you may call the New Mexico Corrections Department Victims Services Program for information or submit a written request to:

New Mexico Corrections Department
Victim Services
P.O. Box 27116
Santa Fe, NM 87502-0116

Also, you may access the New Mexico Corrections Department’s Offender Search to find information about an inmate’s location, offense, and supervision status (incarcerated or probation & parole supervision). Additionally, you may view an inmate’s photo.

How can I find information on a court case?

You may contact the court where the case was filed and submit a written request for case information. The New Mexico Judiciary has an informative website that provides information on the New Mexico District Courts, New Mexico Magistrate Courts, and New Mexico Municipal Courts. Additionally, the New Mexico Judiciary’s website allows the public to access information about a case. The New Mexico’s Judiciary’s website address is www.nmcourts.gov. A helpful tip – as you access the website you will need to enter the case number, name, and filing date or calendar date. As you type the last, first, and middle name, you do not need to place a comma between the names.